Thursday, October 1, 2009

Wednesday Wrap-up

I started writing my weekly summary in my journal on the train home last night and was amazed to find I filled two pages easily (granted, I don't have the neatest writing.)

What can I say? It's been a pretty great week.

Out and about
  • Caramel icecream and free lunch at my friendly family crêperie
  • Hanging out in a Parisian apartment with the coolest cat
  • An amazing, adopted birthday party on Friday: champagne for breakfast, trains and walks in the sunshine, a picnic at the Eiffel Tower with party games and then the amazing spectacle of a late-night show at the Lido!
  • Strolling through Montmartre on a lovely Autumn evening: crêpes, wine and live jazz
  • Visiting my old work for free mojitos and good company
  • Setting up lots of dates for the week to come
Fashion
  • Fashion week excitement: planning my schedule, opshopping, dreaming up outfits in my head
  • Job interview at Dior and the director being impressed by my fashion knowledge
  • Networking with my fashion fairy godmother
  • Completing all my handwashing
Relaxation
  • Letting myself rest, finally
  • Watching Amazing Race episodes on Youtube
  • Beautiful dreams instead of the usual nightmares
  • Skyping my parents and cat and talking about the future
  • Naps where I can, when I can (or can't.. oops)
  • Cutting scraps out of magazines (one of my favourite things to do)
  • Starting the Simple Diary
  • "Getting over" my NYC jetlag by having some ridiculously late nights... all by myself with my book
  • Catching up on my google reader and discovering fun new blogs
The Rest
  • Feeling in control of my destiny
  • Buying fresh fruit and vegetables
  • Learning my room back home is being painted lemongrass green - I love paint colours!
  • Buying my friend a first edition Dickens from a handsome second hand book merchant
  • Receiving a parcel from Hong Kong
  • Taking the stairs instead of the escalator
  • Fluent French phone conversations: casual language, making jokes and feeling totally at ease


Cheeky illicit shot from the Lido


Can you see how happy we are there? Alas, all good things must come to an end. I put my friend on a plane at 7 on Sunday morning, back home to Australia

No comments:

Post a Comment