Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Wednesday Wrap-up

A change of scenery for this week. Feeling some serious Paris ennui, I got myself onto a train down to Lyon.

All week I've been riding bikes in crisp Autumn air, strolling down cobblestone streets in the old town, meeting up with friends for dinner dates, staying out late drinking beers and filling my world with dance and laughter. I haven't felt this relaxed for a long time.

There's a giant park with a big lake, greenhouses, a rose garden and even a zoo! It's bizarre to ride your bike past elephants and giraffes. There's a basilica at the top of a big hill next to the most stunning view of the city's glittering lights. There's the second biggest square in Europe, with a statue of Louis XIV presiding.

But the most important thing, is that Lyon has my friends. I haven't felt this happy for a while.

Saturday night we hosted a rather massive house party in the share house. Awesome night. Especially with boys who ask if they can brush their teeth with you. Hehe.

So my friends, please excuse me if I'm not in touch much over the next week also. I'm not sure where I'm going next, or when I'll be back to Paris. I'm simply enjoying life.

2 comments:

  1. hello there. just wanted to say thanks for your very charming comment on my blog. i am very envious that you are actually in paris and have the opportunity to kiss anonymous (and handsome) men! i'm quite curious about your parisian lifestyle so i'm off to have to a look around your space :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe one day I'll summon the guts to go out there and have some kisses! For now I just have to remain content with buying myself flowers and making eyes with boys on the metro. Hope you enjoy what you find on my blog: all suggestions welcome!

    ReplyDelete