Thursday, January 21, 2010

One month till departure

Last Saturday marked one month until my departure from France. You have no idea how much the acceleration of time scares me! So much to do in one month; so much to see, so many things to wrap up.

For starters, it's going to be a struggle to get my clothes home. What started as a capsule wardrobe has expanded thanks to generous donations and a little bit of shopping... I'm looking into posting packages home. Dad reminded me to wash my clothes before putting them in the post (thanks Pop!) I'm already donating a fair amount to charity, but am not sure what to do with the rest.

I've just organised a little going away party in the 8th. It'd be wonderful to see all the friends I've made before I leave. Hopefully the allure of 5€ cocktails will be strong enough to entice Parisians out of Winter hibernation.

What to do with my book collection? I've picked up lots of novels here and there for a few euros apiece. It'd be terribly sad to put them in the recycling but I'm just not sure what to do with them. Especially as some of them have been rained on, or have food stains (yes, I read over lunch/dinner/breakfast... and am usually more careful).

I've two weeks left at Disneyland; next stop, Geneva. That leaves me with about a week to accomplish all the touristy things I've neglected to do in Paris. No, I haven't been to Musée du Louvre/ d'Orsay/ de Rodin since I was 13...

3 comments:

  1. Holy sh--, already? I'm marking the date, just in case - at least sharing a toast with you before you fly back :)

    About your books, have you thought about setting them free?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see you in the flesh! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. @X, I'm having going-away drinks on Friday 12th February. Hope you can make it!

    If the local library doesn't want my books I'll be letting them loose in nature.

    @Ruby, how great is it going to be?! Yay!

    ReplyDelete