Thursday, July 14, 2011

Going Back in Time...

I've been thinking a little about my fashion history as of late.

I've been clothes crazy as far back as I can remember (which, admittedly, isn't very long!) Collecting magazines, mixing colours, experimenting with new shapes, researching fashion history...
Mining my own looks for inspiration. I can still recall the day I first dressed myself independently. Unfortunately I did put my pants on backwards, but perhaps that was just expressing a subconscious desire to stand out from the preschool crowd.

The point here is that I've been thinking about clothes, and their symbolism for a long, long time. And I loved getting dressed up, even before I had this blog. Did you know I used to keep a StyleDiary? It was kind of pre-blogging era.

I originally started blogging as a holiday project to keep me occupied while my (then) boyfriend was doing an internship interstate. Since January 2009, I've launched more than 1000 posts and couldn't imagine my life now without this blog alongside, chronicling my outfits and adventures.



Over the next few weeks I'd like to start sharing with you some photos from the vault. We'll start with the not so scary (early 2009) and then keep delving backwards. I don't think my clothing tastes have changed so much over the years but I'd love to know what you think!

Enjoy!


Short hair. Looking (unintentionally) surly. Pretty close to D-day.


Short hair!! Slightly butch?!



Visiting girlfriends in Melbourne before France adopted me. Hoochie skirt!


Getting ready for night out in M-town.





Laundry basket full of things I needed to pack pre-departure. Farewell tea.


Sunset date! I wasn't rocking the hot pink helmet yet!


Next time: a holiday in Canberra and then we hit 2008... going back in time....

No comments:

Post a Comment