Monday, May 7, 2012

Three Extraordinary Things

I've been a bit hard on myself lately (Still not posting? No good ideas? You need to exercise more.) and have realized that sometimes it's good to take time out to recognize the things that are truly wonderful about you.

Here are my top three (things you did not know about Sequin Cat):

1. I speak French fluently. As in, wake up, go to work, go shopping, go home and chat with French housemates fluent. I lived in Paris for most of 2009 and early 2010, and had a variety of adventures over there. In fact, I held down a three month full-time contract at the happiest place on Earth, Disneyland Paris. Sometimes I forget/take for granted how extraordinary possessing a second language is (in Australia, at least).

2. I play some mean percussion. I started learning the drums when I was about 9, after my plans of playing the harp were thwarted. I've moved away from the heavy rock drumming that I was into in high school and have since made timpani my specialty. I really, really enjoy being challenged by music.

3. I majored in theoretical and experimental physics. No mean feat, given the way I squandered my first two years of university experience! There's something about the freedom and clarity of expressing yourself mathematically that really resonates with me. Since then, I've taken (some of) my university experience and am applying it in a high school physics-teaching capacity. And I love it!


Tell me, dear Sequinettes, what's extraordinary about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment