Thursday, February 28, 2013

Next Adventures

 photo 00061265-O_zpsbbefc06c.jpeg


Not sure how true this is (hello Norwegian blog readers! Care to illuminate?) but what a nice idea!

What's the relevance here? Tomorrow I have four more hours of classes before I'm off on holidays (yet again, I know!) and this time I'm heading North. Far North.

I'm lucky enough to be aurora hunting in Iceland for five nights, and Norway for six.

I also get to see this lady in Paris before flying to Reykjavik the following day.



I feel like I'm so disorganised for this trip, but the truth is, the whole thing has been brewing in my mind for a long time. Since, in fact, 2005, where upon visiting Palais de la Découverte in Paris I learnt that the sun's magnetic activity follows an 11-year sunspot cycle, and that the solar wind would be strongest .... right around now. And that there will be a new moon on March 11th, on the day I head to Northern Norway. I promised myself back then as an idealistic 19 year old that I would somehow, someway manage to be in Europe at the end of 2012/beginning of 2013 and I would make a trip to the Arctic Circle possible.

And here we are.

2 comments: