Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The North

Anyone who knows me (that's all of you then, right?) will tell you that I'm a hot weather girl. I just love  riding a bike on a stinking hot day, sweating up a storm, and then coming home to a cool shower (and obligatory beer... in the shower).


Why then have I been so enchanted with The North lately? (and yes, it does require capitalisation)

 photo IMG_0393_zpsf2a4fe8c.jpg
I had never seen this much snow before, ever! When I was dog-sledding the night before, it was -26C....


Ever since my trip to Iceland and Norway it's all I can think about.

I'm chaining on Icelandic band Samaris (really good, highly recommended).

I check the aurora forecast, daily.



This documentary is just magical: Joanna Lumley (she of Ab Fab fame!) travelling far into northern Norway, just like me!


I've been downloading podcasts on the Icelandic language.


I even went to the library to borrow some books on teaching yourself!


I guess all this means is that... I have to go back.
So I am.
In three very short weeks.

1 comment: