Friday, June 14, 2013

Everywhere you go...

Always take the weather with you.

I'm that person. Always checking the forecast on my phone. Weaving meteorological chitchat in to conversations. Smiling when it's sunny; gloomy when it's grey. Weather has a big influence on my life.

Adding some new destinations to the weather app on my phone, I had to delete some old cities that I'd been keeping tabs on: places I'd lived, travelled and loved. And it wasn't easy! I like to keep an eye on what's happening around the world.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
London. A true global city; mostly I just like to look at the appalling weather and feel smug that I don't live there (although it's apparently the done-thing by fellow Aussies)


Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Oh Paris. Remember when I lived there? I pop in every now and again to say "Bonjour".


Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Bordeaux: my home for seven months, and home of grey, drizzly skies.


Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Roma! A quick weekend getaway two months ago.


Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos


Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Reykjavik and Akureyri, Iceland. I was there nine weeks ago (and will be back in Reykjavik next week, hurray!)


Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Ah, Avignon. I spent a lovely Easter weekend there.


Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
My Japanese odyssey was six weeks ago now!


Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Visited the city of mustard about a month ago.


Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Rode a bike in the sunshine round Montpellier three weeks ago.


Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
A little over two weeks ago I visited Copenhagen for the first time.


Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Budapest was only two weeks ago! Caving and ruin bars!


Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Didn't get Stockholm syndrome when I was there last week (also for their National Day!)


Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Krakow, last week. Great city. Hope to see you again, Poland.


Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Almost at the present (I'm writing to you from Bremen. But I've also been in Cologne. It gets confusing.) Why Dortmund? Many people did indeed ask me this question. First of all, why not? And second of all: low cost roulette - my new favourite way to travel.



Given the crazy business of the last few months, I'm hoping you can throw some travel destinations at me. Where should I visit next? I have plans brewing for France, Vienna and Prague (and Istanbul, depending on the situation) and then further into the future why not Montréal, Quebec, and the US?

No comments:

Post a Comment