Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Things to look forward to

I adore my life. I am so very grateful to be able to enjoy these adventures.

But it is hard to blog while roaming the world. I have so many ideas running around my head, but neither the wifi connection nor the patience in blogging from an iPad to execute them all. Please excuse my on and off absences.


Things I am looking forward to:
    I am seeing my parents tomorrow! I haven't been with them since November, where we spent a crazy rushed couple of days in Bordeaux and Barcelona together.
    On Friday we are heading back up to Iceland (again, I know) on the summer equinox! It'll be surreal, gloaming sunlight all day and night!
    I get to sleep on a bed for the next two weeks! I am so thankful to all my delightful couch-surfing hosts, but it'll be so nice to spread out in a real bed.
    Not having to look after myself for a while. Travelling with my parents for two weeks means they have booked all the accommodation, taken care of travel arrangements and even planned exciting activities (Harry Potter train! Alain de Botton Institute lecture! Rock concerts! Fancy dinners!) I will be so relieved to not have to continually watch my back (it gets tiring after this much solo travel).
    Tour de France! I hope to watch from seaside St. Malo with some lovely friends.
    Visiting my old host family! They've moved (from Burgundy, to Paris, and now to the Belgian border) and it will be so lovely to catch up and speak French again.
    Catching up with friends in Paris! I keep being drawn back to the French capital, and European summer means a lot more friends to play with!


These are only my short-term thrills; I did another spate of flight booking today, and have been feeling inspired by people I've met here in Germany... we shall see where my travels take me!

No comments:

Post a Comment