Saturday, November 9, 2013

I love a parade

This morning marked the beginning of the Christmas season, with the Adelaide Christmas Pageant weaving its way through the city!

I took part as usual by marching with my fantastic band along the streets decorated with chalk drawings and flanked by happy, waving kids. I had so much fun along the 3.2km route!

 photo xmastree_zps73602879.jpg
Apparently the Adelaide Pageant is the biggest of its kind! And it's entirely FREE

 photo swagman_zps1b6fddc9.jpg
I always like the "Australian" themed floats


 photo 1977_zps4f0ddfca.jpg
1977 Pageant. It's been going since 1933!

 photo clowns_zps6538fb2c.jpg
What's a pageant without creepy clowns?


I think it's a bit early to start thinking about Christmas (although some of my gifts are coming together, and I'll have a very exciting visitor!) Are you getting ready for the end of the year? Do you have a Christmas pageant in your city? I'll be doing quite a few over the next few weeks!

(No photos in this post are mine; I'm too busy participating!)

No comments:

Post a Comment